We just can’t get enough of infographics – interesting information illustrated in an easy to follow, eye-pleasing format. We’ve picked out some of our favorites from the year thus far. It’s a diverse collection that includes topics from social networking to the London Olympics. There’s also one that will help determine whether you fall into the geek or nerd category. Just click on the link in the text or the image below to see it full-size. And if you still haven’t had enough after looking these over, you can check out our previous list for more infographic fun.
1. A Comparison of all 3 London Olympics: Infographics can come from the most unlikely places. This look at the evolution of the Olympic Games in London in the three times the city has hosted (1908, 1948, 2012) comes from The Airport-Parking-Quote blog.
2. The Economic Impact of the 2012 London Olympics: We learned the cost of the 2012 Olympic Games from the previous infographic. But where were all of those £9,300,000,000 spent? Visual.ly lays it out for us.
3. Social Networking Bill of Rights: Social media has redefined personal privacy. While some users love to “overshare” with their networks, there are plenty of other folks who want to engage in the medium but still protect their privacy. That’s where the Social Networking Bill of Rights infographic from BackgroundCheck.org comes in.
4. How Mobile Phones Are Used: Mobile marketing is poised to take off in a big way. Smartphones make it easy for marketers to reach a highly engaged audience in a new and timely way. This infographic, courtesy of milagramobilemarketing.com, spells out just how big the mobile marketing opportunity is.
5. The Rise of the Visual Social Network: Proving that “a picture is worth a thousand words,” popular apps and social networking sites are letting users share visual content to the same degree they share text. MarketingTechblog.com shows how the visual social network has become so powerful.
6. The Importance of a Fan Base: In the pre-social media days, building and engaging with a fan base was an entirely different experience. Now companies and celebrities rely on various social networks to interact with their admirers. This infographic from bitrebels.com shows why having a fan base is so important:
7. Why Cloud is a Big Deal for Small Businesses: Cloud computing has become increasingly important for business, but its impact on small business is big. b2bsocialmediaguide.com explains how small business can best use cloud computing in this infographic.
8. A Timeline of Instagram: Remember when you had to carry around that point and shoot camera to chronicle your life through photos? Those days are long gone. With smartphones that do everything and image sharing apps like Instagram, your daily visit to the coffee shop can look stunning and make your network yearn for a latte. This infographic, from b2bsocialmediaguide, will help you make your experiences even more colorful.
9. How LinkedIn Works: You might ask “Isn’t it a little late to be talking about LinkedIn?” since the professional networking site has been around for years, however this infographic from infographiclabs.com may make you ask yourself if you’re taking full advantage LinkedIn’s capabilities.
10. What, really, is the difference between a Geek and a Nerd?? The last spot on this list goes to our favorite infographic, the one that ponders the lifelong question, “Are you a geek or a nerd?” Determine which group you are a fit for with this great this infographic from b2bsocialmediaguide.