Shopaholics beware! If knowing about the hottest new products and trends gets you out of bed or if you love to find the best deals on just about anything, then the folks on this list are your new best friends! They know their fashion, makeup, food, household items, interior décor, and everything in between, and they know how to score the best deals. Add these product experts and deal finders to your Twitter stream to stay on the cutting edge and save big bucks too.
1. @KatjaPresnal: Katja Presnal is no stranger to parenting and mom lists. As the woman behind SkimbacoLifestyle.com and SkimbacoHome.com, this mom of three wears many hats. She’s an interior design editor, avid skier, as well as a social media, PR and lifestyle expert. Her blog network ‘Skimbaco Lifestyle’ offers ideas for a “Scandinavian-inspired lifestyle that is stylish, luxurious with a small budget, and focused on making every day an adventure.”
Tweets: 34,087 | Followers: 28,380 | MMI Rank: 324 | Stars: 5
2. @xsparkage: This is the Twitter page of Leesha, also known as Xsparkage on YouTube. She is a makeup guru who regularly posts how-to videos on make-up application, makeup tutorials, and product reviews. She also uploads photos of products, swatches and makeup looks. An expert on cosmetic products, her blog and Twitter page are good authorities on the best branded makeup available in stores.
Tweets: 31,146 | Followers: 53,271 | MMI Rank: 361 | Stars: 5
3. @highsnobiety: Highsnobiety is an online fashion magazine for men that reviews the latest trends in footwear, art and lifestyle. The website’s section for women, HighSnobette, looks at women’s fashion, art, street wear and couture. HighSnobette’s Twitter feed is @highsnobette.
Tweets: 27,721 | Followers: 48,770 | MMI Rank: 545 | Stars: 5
4. @mercnews: San Jose, California’s daily newspaper, MercuryNews.com, provides an online shopping page that lets readers shop for the best deals in the Bay Area. Items range from groceries and household products to apparel and sports products.
Tweets: 62,454 | Followers: 11,797 | MMI Rank: 633 | Stars: 5
5. @ConnieFoggles: Connie Roberts is a mom of two and an advocate for many causes including the rights of children, special education, women’s rights, and rights for people with health problems. She is also a Disney fan who regularly reviews Disney restaurants, products and related topics. Roberts reviews many other products and shares her parenting experiences on her blog BrainFoggles.com.
Tweets: 37,973 | Followers: 10,705 | MMI Rank: 703 | Stars: 5
6. @herbadmother: Catherine Connors, blogger at HerBadMother.com and mom of two, likes to share her opinions on products, clothes, parenting, and more. She is also a contributor at BlogHer, a featured parenting blogger at Beliefnet, and the co-founder of Bad Moms Club.
Tweets: 27,577 | Followers: 16,348 | MMI Rank: 715 | Stars: 5
7. @FabulousSavings: Based in Toronto, Fabulous Savings offers coupons, product reviews, and other tips on saving money while shopping. Their discounts and coupon offerings include clothing and apparel, health and beauty, home, lifestyle, technology, travel and entertainment, as well as food and dining. They take care to include only those stores that offer coupons to ensure that readers get exactly what they come looking for – good deals!
Tweets: 48,104 | Followers: 9,554 | MMI Rank: 899 | Stars: 5
8. @flarefashion: Flare is a Canadian fashion magazine that provides the latest information on fashion, beauty, health and entertainment. With a readership of over 1.7 million, the website also shares videos and updates on fashion shows and events.
Tweets: 19,181 | Followers: 23,610 | MMI Rank: 991 | Stars: 5
9. @alywalansky: Aly Walansky writes A Little Aly-tude, a well-known beauty and style blog that’s a popular source for advice, tips, reviews and lifestyle commentary. Walansky reviews products and offers tips on accessories, beauty, style, health and nutrition, travel destinations and deals. She also hosts great giveaways on her site. In addition to her own blog, she serves as beauty editor for MyGloss.com, style columnist for SheKnows.com and contributes to other popular publications.
Tweets: 35,138 | Followers: 12,356 | MMI Rank: 1,027 | Stars: 5
10. @lauriewrites: Laurie White is a contributing editor at BlogHer and A Girl Must Shop. A teacher, writer, avid traveler, and photographer, White also blogs at Draft Day Suit and has a personal blog called LaurieWrites. Her Twitter feed features updates about family, music, photography, pop culture, and shopping.
Tweets: 51,450 | Followers: 3,797 | MMI Rank: 1,037 | Stars: 5
* Number of tweets and followers are based on data collected on the date the article was written.
** If you are a MyMediaInfo client with access to the social media module, you can recreate this list using the easy steps below. To learn more about the social media module, click here.
1. Click on the Social Media Module. On this page, under the ‘Twitter’ column, click on ‘Beats/Focus’. This will bring you a list of Top-level beats.
2. Here, type in the search term ‘shopping’, and click on ‘GO’.
3. Select the sub-level beat “Shopping” from both the “Lifestyles and Society” category and the “Travel and Transportation” category. Now click “OK”.
4. You will now see a display of the number of results from this search. Click on “Get Results” to view the list.
5. To rearrange the list in a descending order of MMI rank, click on the column called “MMI Rank”. Remember, the smaller the MMI Rank number, the more influential the Twitter handle.