By Jane Hamilton, MyMediaInfo
What with haute couture, mainstream fashion, and to-die-for discounts, the fashion industry is one of the highest grossing, most influential industries today. In the US alone, people spend over $250 billion on fashion each year proving that there’s nothing worse than wearing something from last season! If fashion makes your head spin and you need someone to guide you through this confusing labyrinth of colors and styles, then you need to follow the advice of some of the most dependable fashion experts on Twitter. Trust them to advise you on the latest trends, best buys, and must-haves of the season.
1. @highsnobiety: HighSnobiety is a fashion product focused website that provides resources on street fashion and lifestyle culture news. Giving followers up-to-date information on the latest trends and ‘what’s in and what’s out’, the Twitter page is a goldmine of links to the sites articles, videos and more.
Tweets: 19,582 | Followers: 33,240 | MMI Rank: 297 | Stars: 5
2. @ShoeSmitten: Shoe Smitten is a fashion blog written by Anna Bassham. An expert on fashion, especially shoes, Anna writes about designer footwear on a budget. If you love shoes and buying as many pairs as you could possibly get your hands on, Shoe Smitten will be a top destination for you!
Tweets: 36,581 | Followers: 6,621 | MMI Rank: 375 | Stars: 5
3. @ComplexMag: The Twitter page of Complex Magazine, a young men’s lifestyle magazine, features updates on everything male, from ‘The 50 Greatest Motorcycles of All Time’ to the latest gadgets and technology. It also retweets fashion news so followers are always in the know.
Tweets: 17,992 | Followers: 52,731 | MMI Rank: 443 | Stars: 5
4. @MommyBrain: Monica Brady is Chief Blogger at Mommy Brain Reports, a blog that is as organized and full as a typical mommy’s day, with information on kids, clothes, shopping, groceries, housekeeping and hygiene, and healthy food. Along with offering useful guidelines and wise advice on various topics, the blog is popular for its section on product recalls. The Twitter page shares links to the blog and lots of conversation with followers.
Tweets: 22,177 | Followers: 9,819 | MMI Rank: 469 | Stars: 5
5. @galadarling: Gala Darling is a blogger who promotes the positive influence of “radical self-love”. She also defends the unabashed use of sequins and the color pink, and her blog, galadarling.com, is as flamboyant as she is. Her Twitter page equally reflects her personality, with remarkable conversations with her followers on all things fashion and entertainment.
Tweets: 18,082 | Followers: 14,871 | MMI Rank: 545 | Stars: 5
6. @deargolden: This is the Twitter page of Dear Golden, a vintage shop that sells hand-selected vintage garments. They have several outlets, including an Etsy shop. Dear Golden brings updates on the best places to purchase vintage garments at the most affordable prices.
Tweets: 23,501 | Followers: 5,641 | MMI Rank: 723 | Stars: 5
7. @Glambr: Amber Katz blogs at Beauty Blogging Junkie where she brings readers the latest news in fashion and beauty, beauty product reviews and personal anecdotes. It is listed as one of the top ten hottest beauty blogs by Women’s Wear Daily. Her Twitter page, @Glambr, gives links to topics of interest in beauty and fashion, both from her blogs and other sources.
Tweets: 17,878 | Followers: 7,459 | MMI Rank: 898 | Stars: 5
8. @modcloth: ModCloth.com is an online clothing, accessories, and décor retailer that reaches out to buyers through Twitter, providing details on affordable prices, best buys, and product reviews. They also give insights on the latest trends in women’s clothing, accessories and more.
Tweets: 12,290 | Followers: 33,225 | MMI Rank: 1,074 | Stars: 5
9. @lorenridinger: Loren Ridinger has created cosmetic and skincare lines, been named by Vogue as a Top 100 most influential woman and was given the 2009 Women of Substance and Style Award. She blogs at Loren’s World and users her twitter page to chat with followers on various topics related to beauty, fashion, latest trends, entertainment, yoga, healthy living and more.
Tweets: 10,894 | Followers: 93,576 | MMI Rank: 1,318| Stars: 5
10. @glamourdotcom: The Twitter page of the UK edition of Glamour magazine provides links to advice on everything from love and relationships to beauty, fashion and skincare. It follows in the footsteps of the magazine that pioneered the “handbag size” format by keeping women informed about fashion and beauty trends.
Tweets: 10,116 | Followers: 60,064 | MMI Rank: 1,647 | Stars: 5
* All number of tweets and followers are based on facts collected while the article was written.
** To recreate this list: If you are a customer of MyMediaInfo, and have access to the social media module of the database, then you can recreate this list using some easy steps.
1. Click on the Social Media Module. On this page, under the ‘Twitter’ column, click on ‘Beats/Focus’.
2. Now enter the keyword “Fashion” and click on “Go”. This will bring you a large list of Top level and sub-level beats that are related to your keyword.
3. Now select the beat “Fashion and Apparel” under the Top level beat ‘Industries’. Next click “OK”.
4. On the next page, click on “Get Result”, which will yield a list of all twitter handles that are related to the beat “Fashion and Apparel”.
5. To rearrange the list in a descending order of MMI rank, click on the column called “MMI Rank”. Remember, the smaller the MMI Rank number, the more influential the Twitter handle. Twitter handles that are not predominantly about fashion, beauty and accessories have been removed from this list.