‘Technology’ is one of the most searched-for keywords on Google. Google AdWords claims that the word ‘technology’ has received a total of 16,600,000 global monthly searches, while Google Suggest says that the search word has 2,080,000,000 competing pages! ‘Technology’ is the buzz word of the day, and if you are interested in technology or are a stakeholder in technological undertakings of any nature, then these top 10 technology tweeple are sure to give you valuable observations on the field of technology.
Without further ado, here is MyMediaInfo’s list* of Top 10 Technology tweeps:
1. @jeffpulver: Jeff Pulver is a well-known blogger, who writes at The Jeff Pulver blog. He is the chairman and founder of pulver.com, and according to him, “one of the true pioneers of the VoIP industry and a leader in the emerging TV on the Net industry.” He has been profiled in The Wall Street Journal, International Herald Tribune and many more significant traditional mediums. Jeff’s feed has an MMI ranking of 6, with 5 stars. He has 50,620 updates to date, and 372,058 followers.
2. @RuhaniRabin: Ruhani Rabin is a Malaysian who serves as a VP of MOL Access Portal (Friendster.com). He is a commentator on social media, and is interested in photography, gadgets and technology. A self-proclaimed ‘tech geek’ Ruhani is second on the MMI ranking with a score of 8, and 5 stars. He has made 109, 048 updates and his feed is closely followed by 60,388 followers.
3. @Minervity: This is the Twitter feed of Richard Darell, who is the Founder and Editor of BitRebels.com and Minervity.com. He has over 20 years of experience in computers, designing and developing, and is also a pro in web graphics. Richard’s Twitter feed has an MMI rank of 9, with 5 stars. With 146,302 tweets, he has 55,206 followers.
4. @cheth: the Twitter feed of Chetan R is filled with helpful links to many web-designing resources. This Indian is a web and graphic designer who also loves photography. He is also the creator of ChethStudios, where he offers varied web designing resources and ideas. @cheth has an MMI rank of 13 and 5 stars. Chetan has made 46,739 updated till date, and has earned 69,304 followers.
5. @mashable: Some say Mashable is the ultimate source of tech news, and they are right. With 19 writers and editors constantly spewing content related to everything from social media to technology to the popular trends in media, Mashable is one of the first places people look to for technology news and updates. The Twitter feed is maintained by Pete Cashmore, a young man from Scotland who started the Mashable website from his room. The feed has an MMI rank of 19 with 5 stars, and amassed 2,105,235 followers who diligently read its 28,753 tweets.
6. @DannyBrown: Danny Brown is a prominent social media blogger from Canada, who blogs at DannyBrown.com. One of the pioneers in social media etiquette and know-how, Danny Brown is also a creative marketer and partner at Bonsai Interactive. His twitter page is ranked 28th on MMI, with 5 stars. He has made 56,106 updates and has 23,915 followers.
7. @waynesutton: Wayne Sutton is a partner and blogger at Social Wayne.com. He is also a co-founder of @TriOut. An entrepreneur and former journalist, Wayne Sutton also hosts online video shows and social media podcasts. His twitter feed is ranked 31 on MMI with 5 stars. His 38,097 tweets are followed by 31,938 people.
8. @chrisabraham: Chris Abraham is the President and COO at Abraham & Harrison, a company that specializes in streamlining the social media needs of companies. Chris Abraham focuses on blogger outreach, blogger engagement, and Internet reputation management. @chrisabraham has an MMI rank of 49 with 5 stars. He has made 35,772 posts and has 22,688 followers.
9. @davewiner: Dave Winer is a blogger at Scripting News. He is a software developer, entrepreneur and writer who specializes in content management, XML-RPC, RSS, OPML, and the MetaWeblog API. His twitter feed has an MMI rank of 51 with 5 stars. His 28,901 tweets have earned him 33,344 followers.
10. @cheeky_geeky: This is the twitter feed of Dr.Mark Drapeau, who can also be found at @cheekygeeky, in case you forget to add the ‘underscore’ symbol! He is an associate research fellow directing the Social Software for Security project at the Center for Technology and National Security Policy of the National defense university in Washington, D.C. He is also a contributor to Mashable and The huffington Post, and Director of Public Sector Social Engagement for Microsoft. His twitter feed does not reflect the thoughts of any of the organizations he is associated with. According to him, his tweets are his “very personal, very cheeky thoughts”! @cheeky_geeky has an MMI rank of 55 with 5 stars. With 17,105 followers till date, the twitter page has 39,036 updates.
* All number of tweets and followers are based on facts collected while the article was written.
**To recreate this list: If you are a customer of MyMediaInfo, and have access to the social media module of the database, then you can recreate this list using some easy steps.
1. Click on the Social Media Module, and then select ‘Twitter’ from the categories below the search field.
2. Now enter the keyword search “technology”, and you will get the entire list of Twitter handles related with this search term.
3. Now, double click on the column called “MMI Ranking”, and the list will rearrange in ascending order. Remember, the smaller the MMI ranking, the more influential the Twitter handle.
4. All twitter feeds that provide general news have been weeded out before publishing this list.